Continuing to date your spouse after you are married is one way to keep romance alive. But no one ever seems to offer suggestions on where to go or what to do on a date with your husband or wife. After all, going to
the local bar every Saturday night eventually loses its charm. To help you brainstorm for your next date night, here are suggestions (from the tame to the wild):
1. Pick up the ingredients you need to create a great meal at the market and then return home and cook it together.
2. Throw a slumber party for two. Have dinner in bed and have each other for dessert.
3. Plan a movie night. Rent a flick that you’ll both enjoy, make popcorn, and get cozy under the blanket on the couch.
4. Go for a hike or long walk together.
5. Get coffee at your favorite coffee house and just talk to one another.
6. Swim, lounge, and enjoy a day at the beach or pool.
7. Go to a theme park and clutch each other on the scary rides.
8. Perform a duet at a karaoke bar.
9. If you’re adventure seekers, you can go skydiving together.
10. Head to the zoo or museum. Stroll through the exhibits, hold hands, and comment on what you see and learn.
11. Attend a concert and sing out loud to one another.
12. Take a sculpting or drawing class together. Or go to one of those stores where you can paint pottery. Your art will give your beloved a new window into your personality.
13. Miniature golf, bowling, pool, or the arcade are always great for some old fashioned fun and friendly competition.
14. Go to a diner and share an ice cream. Delicious!
15. Sledding is a delight for children of all ages.
16. Rent a motor scooter and go for a spin.
17. Flowers are an eternal symbol of romance. Head to the botanical gardens and learn all about them together.
18. Take a road trip to the city if you live in the country or to the country if you live in the city. See how the other half lives.
19. Fill up a picnic basket with goodies – food, wine, fruit. Go to the park and share your feast with one another. Don’t forget your picnic blanket.
20. Act like tourists in your own neighborhood. Go to one of the major sites, take photos, and pretend you’re seeing this place again for the first time.
21. Draw sketches of one another. Even if you can’t draw, you’ll have fun and create a lovely memory.
22. Shoot at each other – with water toy guns.
23. Glide at the nearest ice skating rink.
24. Camp out and kiss under the stars. Light a camp fire to boot.
25. Go watch a local football match and support the home team.
26. Climb a wall or a real mountain together. This sort of activity is fun but also helps couples build trust.
27. Participate in a wine tasting.
28. Volunteer for a worthy cause together. Visit the ill, organize a fund raiser for a non-profit, or work at a shelter. You’ll spend time with each other, but you’ll also make a difference and help others.
29. Try your luck at a casino.
30. Look at the homes and properties for sale in your area. You may find a bargain that you’ll actually buy or you’ll just dream out loud about your future together. Either way, you win!
31. Have a tournament of your choice – Battleship, Monopoly, cards, Playstation, etc. For a twist, the winner has to take the loser out to dinner for another date night.
32. Think outside the box and go out for a romantic breakfast instead of dinner.
33. Shop together for something you want but do not actually need – a stereo, a home theater.
34. Go to a club and dance all night like you did when you were single – but this time dance with each other.
35. Have dessert for dinner.
36. A poetry reading can spark romance – or at the very least a stimulating conversation.
37. Political rallies get couples united behind a candidate who they think could improve their lives. It gives them a sense of accomplishment, too.
38. Make love and go all out. Wear sexy lingerie, send each other naughty text messages beforehand, light candles, throw rose petals on and around the bed, use
edible body paints – whatever you must do to take the romance up a notch.
39. Take a hot air balloon ride.
40. Watch the sun rise or set from a beautiful location.
41. Pick a restaurant that serves an exotic, local cuisine neither of you has ever tried before. Be as daring as you can with what you order. You just might like it!
42. Learn a romantic foreign language – French, Italian, Spanish. Then, practice talking to each other around the house but especially when you’re in the mood for love.
43. Rent a boat or head to a dock and go fishing. You can cook your catch later in the day, so it’s like two dates in one.
44. Accomplish a fun home project. Paint your house a bright, new color, install your home theater, create a collage of wedding photos for the wall. You’ll work as a team and feel a whole new kind of satisfaction when you’re done.
45. At your favorite local pub or bar, order champagne and flirt with each other all night long. If you’re into role playing, you could even take on different personas for the evening and act like you’ve just met. Stay in
character until you get home.
46. Have a snow ball or water balloon fight. Water pistol shootouts can be lots of fun, too.
47. Make out like teenagers on the couch.
48. Have high tea replete with scones and cucumber sandwiches at a ritzy hotel or tea house.
49. Bump each other with bumper cars.
50. Get a couple’s massage at a spa. You’ll get the knots out of your back while bonding with your spouse. How relaxing!
There are many more ways in which you can keep date night fresh and fun. What do you and your spouse do for fun? Let us know by contacting us at our office:
Address 2nd Floor NERCD Building ,plot 7 NERCD Road , off Ashabi Cole Street CBD Alausa lagos ,NIgeria.
BBM Pin: 29C36383.